In this post I will go through the process of installing a SCCM 2012 sp1 server.
If you haven’t done so yet, please read my post about SCCM 2012 SP1 Installation Preparation.
This installation is good for lab or production environment.
We all know the power of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. Microsoft invested many efforts in this new edition of SCCM.
Forget about the old mmc 3 snap-in and get ready for a new experience and features.
In this tutorial I assume you already prepared the prerequisites for the installation.
So let’s get to work. Please follow the below steps one by one.
- Insert or mount the SCCM 2012 DVD and click INSTALL.
- On the first window Click next
- Select Install configuration manager primary site
- Select installation method
- Accept the license
- Accept the 3 radio buttons for licenses
- Select your preferred option. If your server is connected to the internet then select the first option. If you already downloaded the prerequisite files, select the second option.
Wait for the components to be verified…
- Select the server language
- Select the client language
- Select a unique site code. Enter a site name. I recommend installing to D: drive
- Install the primary site as stand-alone site
click YES when prompted by this message:
- Enter the proper SQL server details and leave the rest unchanged
- I recommend to leave as default the SMS provider FQDN
- Select the second option as you probably won’t use HTTPS in LAB environment.
- Choose to install management point and distribution point
- If you want to join the customer experience improvement program, Select the proper option.
- Click next on the setting summary page
- Verify and fix any warnings or failed checks. in the below image I installed SCCM 2012 even though I didn’t have the minimum requirements.
- Click begin install
- Installation complete ============= Completed Configuration Manager 2012 Server Setup ========