Hi System Admins
What are the prerequisites for sccm 2012 sp1 operating system deployment ?
Before you can jump into building OSD on SCCM 2012 you will need to prepare your environment.
You need to install and configure the following prerequisites before starting experimenting on OS Deployment.
- Distribution point – stores OS images and content for the task sequence. You must have on if you intend to deploy images to a remote site.
- WDS service – provides PXE services and multicast support. Install WDS from the server manager > add roles wizard.
- The target computers must be able to communicate to the PXE server (DP) over ports: UDP 67, 68, 69(TFTP) and UDP 4011(PXE).
- WAIK for windows 7/8 – WAIK is used for building the WinPE boot image and a source for USMT support.
Install WAIK on the primary site server.
- State migration point – A role the USMT uses to securely store users state during OS upgrade and side by side migrations. Click Here for installation instructions of the State migration point role.
- DHCP server – used to provide an IP address to client computers. The DHCP directs the client computers to the PXE server. Click Here for for installation instructions of DHCP server on Server 2008 R2